KANSAS CITY, KS (July 25, 2013) — Local Ruckus is happy to announce Sprint as a new customer and distribution partner. Local Ruckus and Sprint will be working together on ways in which Sprint’s
Pinsight Media+ (pinsightmedia.com) can leverage the Local Ruckus API to provide local event content for the Kansas City Metro area as an added benefit for subscribers of their mobile services.
“We are excited to be working with Sprint to provide their customers with awesome event content,” said Local Ruckus CEO Adam Arredondo. “In return, the partnership will provide Local Ruckus with the opportunity to expand our platform coverage into other national markets.”
By securing the Sprint relationship, Local Ruckus has expanded its development team.
- Matt Miquelon joins Local Ruckus as Senior UI/UX Developer and brings 15+ years of experience. His previous experience covers time at VML, Barkley, LiveOn, Engage Mobile and Universal Uclick. Matt also is a co-founder of UpFront, a Kansas City front-end user group.
- Adam England joins Local Ruckus as Software Architect and brings 10+ years of experience. Adam comes to Local Ruckus from Sporting Innovations and has previously worked at Perceptive Software, CARFAX and LiveOn.
The new team is tasked with building the next version of the Local Ruckus platform, positioning the company as the event promotion hub for local business and the “Associated Press of local events” for media outlets nationally.
Outside of the Sprint deal, Local Ruckus has secured additional funding from a variety of regional sources.
- Local Ruckus was chosen as one of fifteen startups to date to receive funding through the Digital Sandbox initiative (digitalsandboxkc.com).
- Local Ruckus has received grant funding through Workforce Partnership (workforcepartnership.com).
- Local Ruckus also has been awarded Kansas Angel Tax Credits (kansasangels.com), which the company will utilize to raise additional investment