Who Can Submit an Idea
Digital Sandbox KC broadly seeks new innovation in information technology. Any emerging startup or established companies can play in the Sandbox. Research organizations and technology transfer offices, both corporate and academic, can also submit technologies for further development.
People outside of the Kansas City region may submit an idea, but any operations associated with technology development and establishment of resulting business or business expansion must be located within the Kansas City MSA.
Presently, companies must be located on the Missouri side of the state line to receive project financing, with the exception of companies with operations in Olathe, Kansas or companies applying through the Energy Sandbox.
The Digital Sandbox is best positioned to help companies that:
- Have a significant IT/digital component
- Have disruptive technologies/clear competitive advantages
- Are building platform technologies, enabling the development of future products and processes
- Are local and plan to stay local
- Have strong, clearly defined management teams
- Are not already in the marketplace
- Need first in funding
- Have a project of some sort standing between them and key investors or customers